Friday, November 7, 2008

Love is Overrated!

I sure have seen people in love!

And it is not good…

Well, I think love is a luxury that a few opulent can afford. We all have grown up watchin’ films and more often than not, one does come across a few Romantic ones. Although guys prefer Action flicks, I beg to diverge from it. I mean not from the “being-a-guy-part”, but with the fact that I like to trip on Romantic ones, occasionally. Not because they are mushy, but because I find them to be funny! I almost fall off from my bed laughin’ the guts outta my belly when I see one of ‘em in tears!!! Okay, now I am not sadistic, but that is how I have become over the years. I have had my share of blues with one of ‘em but now since a very long time, in spite of tryin’ to achieve benevolence while watchin’ anyone go through one of those rough times, I cannot but help myself, but feel sorry for the loser!!!

In my opinion, “love” is overrated. It is glorified to be somethin’ it is really not and shall never be. Most of us spend days, months, years lookin’ for the “perfect” partner and not less frequently, hopin’ that everythin’ would turn out jus’ another “Walk in Clouds”! And for some, it does too. But at times it doesn’t. These individuals, although they never give up on love, they do tend to become flexible, while developing a proclivity towards acceptance. Notwithstanding the fact that they also fall in love, they prepare themselves for what they NOW approve to be the BEST for them!

To exemplify the flip side, we would now concentrate on the former segment, that consists of those who havin’ found the “Love” for their life; have already taken the plunge into the tepid sea of warmth and ultimate gratification and are now completely oblivious to the world and its citizens! These people are those who proliferate & propagate the concept of “Love” and live in a make-believe world where everythin’ is jus’ fine and all is hunky-dory. Now, why would I term it a “make-believe” world???

To epitomize and embody this, I would like to pose only ONE question to all the aficionados and also attempt to answer it…

Where does this journey of Love end???

“With OUR death”, someone, sittin’ a table away from me, spat these words directing them not towards me but to the person sitting opposite to him. But I had got my answer.

Although these three words “with-our-death” must have been a part of their conversation on some arbitrary topic, their steep sound was so convictive that it startled me for a second; makin’ me wonder whether the guy blurted out these three words only to make me hear ‘em OR was I thinkin’ out too loud that now even my thoughts could be overheard by people sittin’ at a distance of five feet from me!!!

Well, lifting my hand and not my head by one inch, I waved it in the air, gesturing a “Thank You for your input” and continued typing on my notebook. As if embarrassed and caught red handed, I quickly scanned both, my left and my right hand sides, to figure out, if there was any one else who had his ears connected to my brains and was hearin’ my thoughts too!

Ending the journey of “Love”… with statements like “Death do us part” and few Shakespearean ethos, is a good way to prove a point, but not to epitomize it. Oh… come awn! A guy sittin’ with his girl on a candle-light dinner cannot think of anything else but his “future course of action” and “how-would-he-impress-her-next” (besides thinkin’ ya know… the usual, ahem… psssss “guy stuff”)!!! And the girl… the girl cannot think anything except her “future-with-this-guy” (and the definition of future can vary). It is simple to generalize. And trust me, this hold true ninety percent of the times for ninety percent of the people who have ever gone out with a girl (they are not married to!!!)

I think we need to get real and stop considering the ideology that our life is no less than what we see on screens! This “Love” is really very fragile; it breaks-up at even the touch of the most delicate of the feathers. Such inexplicable is the degree of its frailness that very few who have actually found it, have been able to sustain it! And the worst of the feathers often strike when you’re at the peak of the goddamn thing!!!

Sometimes I feel, we should quit when we reach the heights… in a relationship! This way, everythin’ still fine and at least you‘ll have somethin’ to fall back on – memoirs!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hello...here I am!