Saturday, November 29, 2008

Downpour versus Aridity

That day, it rained…

Seeping through the parched and eager land, the weak but a steady flow, wiped the arid region of its scorches and left behind absolutely NO trace of any dehydration! But little did I know that this sudden downpour was only artificial and in a while, the condition shall be as worse as it was before.

However, now was not the time to brood and feel sorry…

There were things to be done… Places to be gone to… People to be met… Commitments to be fulfilled… Goals to be achieved… and there was so much to be completed!!!

Yet, my river of dreams was only the result of a shallow deluge that had already found its delta and was ready to be decanted into the never ending sea of emptiness… Furthermore, watching my hopes shatter as a brandy balloon’s smash to the smithereens, was an experience I was not really prepared to endure! But quenching my animosity, I did thrive in achieving what I had started to beget during my initial course of action! I was unified now…

The ageless life of poetry and drama has given us enough words to last for eternity and the usage of these words is best exemplified in the classics and the works of all the laureate’s’ and honorable’s’. At this point I would be urged to quote this from Les-Miserables---

“ To love someone is to see the face of God ,,

 Individually for myself, I rarely read… Although I have always wished that I could. Nonetheless, that does not stop me from appreciating the Cameron Mackintosh/Royal Shakespeare Company production, Les Miserables – the musical. It demands a lot of effort to produce a masterpiece that has played over 9000 performances in London and has been seen by 54 million people worldwide in 249 cities and in 21 different languages. Running since October 1st, 1985, Les Miserables became the “Longest Running Musical on October 6th, 2006 and as of today, it has been around since TWENTY THREE years!

Well for a moment there, I was almost in belief that good things do not last long! I guess Les Miserables is an exception.

The torrential downpours that have started these days, might just last forever!

And this makes me wonder… just as I waited for the dryness to end, in the near future, so would I wait for the showers to stop and parchedness to come, back again??? 

I guess I do not know what I want from life and Les Miserables' Jean Valjean below, agrees with me!





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

[... ] is another relavant source of information on this issue[...]