Monday, November 30, 2009

Letter to god: Unfinished business...

Dear god,

I am sorry for not being in touch with you lately. As you already know, things on this planet have turned from bad to worse.

When I first came here more than 29 years back, the times were different and the people were good. Submerged with unnatural and superficial gains, the inhabitants of this planet seem to have lost their characteristics amidst their inconsequential trysts with their very conciousness that is now flexible, artificial and devoid of any real integration.

My mission to encompass centuries of knowledge with the empirical learning from earth now faces extinction. Lost in the light of ignorance, I seem to be blissfully unaware of what awaits me and my fate. A very earthly word, fate, seems to have caught on to my daily vocabulary. I use it all the time. I refer to ignorance as light because it is everywhere, and more often than not, it is blinding! After all living in the land of mortals has cast its delirious effects on my individuality and persona. I have started to live like them and have also begun to experience shades of grey, collecting and beginning to understand their psychology and philosophy that is nothing but a reflection of their lack of understanding of the truth and the virtual reality.

Quite interestingly, I have to admit that nothing is lost as of now. This Sunday I went to the Church, presuming I shall find you there, and I did. But I guess there were too many men and women and I think my dissidence prevented me from coming forward to approach you. Your favourite book was actively referred to and various biblical references were being linked and knotted with the life in an average earth day. I am sure you must be happy to see so many people trying to be good! At least I was.

While walking back, Jacob, one of my friends on this planet, narrated me the story of good and evil and how Satan defied your power and separated from the heavens. He also told me how you had left the humans free to make choices to distinguish good from evil. My only contention is, why do you not give them a wee bit more clarity in terms of their objective of existence? It would be great if each of them was somewhat clear in what he or she has to do in his or her menial seven to eight decades of existence on this planet. As of now, they seem to be lost!

Arguably, you are too busy minding your own stuff and do not have ample time to do all of it all by yourself. Nevertheless, this unfinished business of yours seems to be affecting me in a rather adverse manner. I would presume you would know that by now. Why do you not hire extra help? I mean, we have your people down here as well, but most of them are not even close to doing a very good job. I think you need to empower each individual with the same power that you possess, the power of distinguishing good from bad! Give them the focus if not anything else

I must bring it to your notice that if the current scenario continues any longer, I am afraid, all shall be lost and we would be in a rather unchangeable position.

I request that you treat this as urgent.

Hoping to hear from you soon

Warm Regards

Manish

"sometimes it is the same difference"


No comments: