Monday, November 16, 2009

Things I think I should do

...I would say that in a scenario where one wants to do something and somehow, has been unable to do it, there a two things one can do - Quit or Stay!

People all over this planet are equally divided between the two options.

But since I am someone from outside, I believe somewhat differently. What if "Stay" as an option is exercised for a limited time and then once you have got what you wanted, you decide to call it quits, just in time?

This way you shall do what you wanted to and you also get a chance to catch the bus you would have missed had you decided to stay permanently.

They say life sucks. I agree it does. But it depends on you as a person, what you want your life to suck from you. My life sucks too... but I let it suck what I WANT it to suck.

In a past, not very long ago, when I was working with the DIC, a central headquarters dealing with classified information processing and dealing with cases involving broken trees in the middle of deserts, soiled bedsheets, dirty linen and deflated tractor-tyres, I often came across scenarios where I had to deal with a number of unfinished cases that not only changed me but also taught me the essence of being a true Zakjeturian. People on this planet are almost always caught up in trivial issues and thus fail to concentrate on their prime objective. Thus, when the time comes to deliver, they resort to old techniques like giving a 50% discount or at times even deliver for free (Source: Doneemo's Pizza)

With less than seven days left for project completion, my mind was was still caught up with things like a change of my job, my third divorce, graduation of my 13th kid, the "I" button that was missing on my laptop keyboard and of course, few other things that I cannot discuss and those that are worse than my missing "L" button, sorry... "I" button. The scope creep had set in and I knew that process design was directly related to the design of product and/or service/its service.

"Anyway - I just wanna say, why bother with what happened yesterday... it's not my style I live for the minute, if ya wanna stay young get both feet in it..."

Sorry for that... just something I was listening to while writing right here right now.

So I was saying... discovering the scope creep, I decided to adopt an approach that got me what I wanted to get. But with that, it got me a lotta other things I did not quite like. But that was a trade-off I had to make to achieve what I had set out to. Of course, I made mistakes... BIG ones (Aerosmith). There I was dancing in the dark after achieving what I had set out to.

But at what cost?

My "I" button is still broken!

But as Piyush said on his FB status, Good judgement comes from experience and a lotta of which come from bad judgements...

...I think I am very well experienced!

Excuse me now, I need to go and mend my "L" button... sorry again I mean "I" button!

(Its amazing that I can write complete nonsense at times!)

No comments: